An attractive kitchen can go a long way in making your RV irresistible for your potential buyers. However, exorbitant pre-sale renovations, for the most part, aren’t worth it. Instead of throwing cash around needlessly, evaluate what changes are really needed to make your rig show-worthy. Here are a few pointers for sellers to take note of:
- Don’t blow your budget by installing expensive professional-grade appliances. What if your buyer does not like the brand? Buy a new item only when you think others might consider it essential, such as a dishwasher.
- Do service the appliances you have. It will make them work perfectly and won’t burn a hole in your pocket.
- Don’t swap your old cabinetry with a chic, costly unit even if your old unit is out of fashion, resist your temptation to overspend on a trendy piece. It may turn out to be counterproductive. You might think dark is passé, but you’ll be in a bind if your potential buyer prefersthat very look.
- Do give your cabinets a fresh look by simply sanding or repainting them. Most of the RV furniture companies will give your cabinets a fresh façade at a reasonable price. This is a cost-effective way of making a positive impression.
- Don’t spend thousands of dollars on a new countertop. Investing money in glossy granite or magnificent marble or those glass tiles may prove dangerous, as it’s impossible to predict which option will appeal your prospects the most.
- Do contact a professional cleaning company to thoroughly clean your dingy counters. Discoloration from age often gives your counter tiles a miserable look. While a professional cleaning won’t give your counter tiles a showroom-worthy finish, it will certainly make them look a lot better.
Anexpensive kitchen renovation can be total overkill. Our tips will help you avoid overspending. If you need further help to sell your RV, contact us here.